Wednesday, February 02, 2011

1st February ~ since I can't seem to stop writing stones...

...I'll continue to post them.  Here are some from today.
~

Jake's hair in morning light
neither my colour nor Paul's
~
green slashes on our hands and feet
aftermath of toddler creativity
~
one focussed boy
bright smears of paint
beautiful mess


The last stone was preceeded by Jake telling me to "go check something on 'puter Mummy ok?"  Since he's been so clingy (stalkerish) lately, I knew he was planning something "naughty" but I decided to let him have his space.  He was painting and I went and enjoyed an unexpected few moments of being on the computer without being harangued.  After 5 minutes of absolute silence from him, I heard the steady sound of water dripping onto the carpet.  So I went to have a look.

His paint pens were bobbing upside down in his water cup, which was now overflowing with blue water and was trickling over the rim, over his (gorgeously bright) painting (see photo below) and onto the carpet.  His hands were holding sodden tissues stained red.  He looked up at me with a big cheesey grin then went back to what he was doing.  I mopped up the puddles on the carpet, wiped away the excess water on the table then let him carry on.  He was just so happy, I didn't want to stop him.

No comments: