Wednesday, February 17, 2010

17.2.10

Today was our first post-stoma day of “normality”. Paul back at work, me with Jake. Our usually difficult Sainsbury’s trip was fine. Then he screamed all the way down the High Street. Everybody stared and I got annoyed. My mood quickly went downhill. I couldn’t help myself and briefly became crazy Mummy, shouting, “Take a good look everybody, screaming child, never seen before!” Then we went into the park and he stopped. There, Jake pootled around happily with a friendly cat in tow for over an hour, playing gently in the sun, miaowing together. How quickly things change. What relief.

3 comments:

Lesley Todd said...

It's good to let off steam sometimes. Good for you! You tell em girl! x
P.s. That comment you left on my blog made me giggle... was watching Black Books when I read it. I may have to call her Manny now!

Beth said...

I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you, and manically letting off a bit of steam every now and again is every parent's prerogative. Love the pics of Jake + cat ;)

Isadori said...

Gorgeous pics of Jake :-) Hope things continue to improve for you all. Not surprised you had to let of steam - I can't stand other people's judgemental stares. xx