Friday, August 31, 2007
So I'm rounding up with an old shoe drawing, one I did of my boots last year, while in our hotel room in Seville.
September challenge will be posted soon.
Monday, August 27, 2007
This week, we are looking after a friend's kitten while she and her husband are away on holiday.
This is little Claudia sleeping against Paul's hand. I haven't got her colouring right, but it is a first attempt. When she's awake, she's a hyperactive bundle of cute playfulness and mischief. We think our Jakey wants to play with her, but our other cat Lottie, is not at all pleased and is staying well away. Below are some pictures of Claudia in the flesh. The one of her in our kitchen shows just how tiny she is!!
To see her sneaking up on Jakey, go here.
These are my rather unseasonal Nine West suede boots. They make my feet look huge, but they're comfy and I love 'em.
August is nearly at an end now and I realise I'm not going to be able to draw all of the rest of my shoes for this project, but I definitely think I drew the best ones. It's also gotten a little more difficult to get any drawing done of late because we've got a kitten staying with us for a week and she doesn't tend to sit still!! Anyway, I'll do what I can.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
A giant heap of fluffy warm goodness and kitten hugs go to Lea for passing the Rockin' Girl Blogger award to me. Coooool!!! Thanks Lea. I'm totally freakin' honoured and giddy.
I was really curious to know who started it all, and after a bit of googling, I found out that it was Roberta Ferguson. This is the post where it all began in June 2007. And now I have the pleasure of passing the award on! So here goes...I'm tagging:
1. Changapeluda, for your bold, feisty, spirit; your big giving heart; your beautiful babies; you inspire me and I wouldn't have gotten to know you if it wasn't for the blogging community. Plus, you send me leaves and pictures of Neil Diamond and the Goddess Kali! You rock!!
2. Hardwax, your artwork is always new and makes me see things in totally unexpected ways. It reminds me of the infinite possibilities that are out there. You rock!!
3. Melissa, not only do you love cats as much as I do, you draw them infinitely better! Your tales of Simon, Comet, Norman, Gordon, B.J., Mother and Dad (have I missed anyone?) never fail to make me smile. I always look forward to your next drawing. You rock!!
4. Nina, your strength, openness, spirit of curiosity and exploration and the way you embrace life is inspiring. You rock!! Plus, you take killer photos and reading about your life makes me wonder if we might have been sisters in another life...
5. Shadows and Clouds, for the beautiful way you live life, and the beautiful way that you share it; for the way that you see the world and the way you are truthful to yourself, you rock!! I love visiting your blog, it not only inspires and refreshes me, it makes me feel connected to you since you left London. Plus, you also take killer photos and live in Italy. You double rock!!
I hope you enjoy basking in the shimmery moondust of receiving the award as much as I have, don't forget to pass it on.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Sunday, August 05, 2007
I have more red shoes than any other colour. These are my favourite red ones, found in a sale about four years ago, and I still wear them. The pattern underneath the shoes is some wrapping paper I found at Paperchase.
Friday, August 03, 2007
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
So this is what I'm gonna do. Draw every pair of my shoes in this craft paper spiral bound book. Make it into a shoe diary of sorts, as some shoes even have a story attached to them.
I have 24 pairs of shoes, not 200 as some people have suggested, but a mere 24, and this includes flip flops, slippers and trainers, some of which I've been accumulating since the 1990s. Not quite Imelda Marcos then! So the drawings should fill the book nicely. How many pairs do you have? Will you take up the challenge?